Rita El Khoury / Android Authority
There are loads of smartphone brands out there, but the unfortunate fact is that some brands simply aren’t available in your neck of the woods. For example, Google’s Pixel phones aren’t available in Latin America, many Asian markets, or Africa. Meanwhile, the US misses out on many Chinese brands such as Xiaomi, Oppo, and Realme.
So with this disparity in mind, we wanted to know which phone brand you really wanted in your country. We posted a poll earlier this week and here’s what you told us.
Which phone brand do you want most in your country?
Almost 1,400 votes were cast in this poll, and it turns out there was one runaway winner. Almost 41% of respondents said Google was the phone brand they wanted the most in their country. This is an understandable result, as Pixel phones aren’t available in many countries even with the Pixel 7‘s expanded launch.
Sony was in a distant second place, accounting for 17.61% of the vote. The company had a large footprint six or seven years ago, but scaled back in a big way as part of a rejigged mobile strategy. More specifically, the Xperia brand retreated from Africa, Australia, Canada, India, Latin America, the Middle East, and South East Asia.
Xiaomi took the final podium spot with 11.38% of the vote. The company actually has a broad presence, but it’s missing a major region in North America.
We also saw 6.73% of respondents voting for the “other” option. Judging by reader comments, brands that fit the bill in this regard include Nothing and Asus.
- Xeritaes: American here, I’d love to see Nothing come to the US. I’ve been thinking about throwing caution (and potentially money) to the wind and buying the Nothing Phone 1 anyway. I’m a sucker for aesthetics.
- thesecondsight: More competition always benefit customers. As an American I’m so sick and tired of Apple and Samsung being the dominant players in the U.S. It’s true that Google, Sony, Nokia, OnePlus and Motorola have carved out a niche market. However we need more heavy hitters like Xiaomi, Honor, Huawei, Oppo and Realme. They offer budget-friendly phones with excellent specs.
- ThatWeirdCarNerd: I would like the Nothing Phone 1 in the US. It would be nice to see some fresh design in the upper-midrange segment.
- NNN: OnePlus in Nigeria. Enough of the Transsion family (Tecno, Infinix and Itel) with their ultra budget offerings. Samsung & Apple on the other cost a kidney leaving the market open for OnePlus to come in. Good thing they have budget offerings too.
- Fabiano Forte: I’d like to have Sony back to Brazil…
Source : https://www.androidauthority.com/phone-brand-want-most-your-country-poll-results-3241244/